dinsdag 17 maart 2009

Improved Diana Results

Because I had some weird results with Diana I asked Andrew to look at the models. We discovered some odd mistakes in the Diana data file. These mistakes were actually very important for all results. So I had to adjust all Diana models I made and recalculate them. I managed to do that and I found quite reliable results. The conclusions out of these results are actually not very different than the earlier made conclusions, but now they are justified.

In short the conclusions from these tests are:
-Equal left/right division of tie rods improves the division of the stresses and therefore improves the performance.
-A wider curve than the standard spline gives more irregular results and it requires more material so its performance is not enough.
-Equal division on distance gives a more equal division of forces than an equal division on angle of tie rods.

The forthcoming days I will try to evaluate the models a bit better and formulate how the research should be continued to complete it. Next to that I will try to update the model.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten